Sunday, October 20, 2013
DIY Tunic Top
I have been doing a ton of sewing lately...just mostly for other people or without pictures. Which has made my posts few and far between. I finished this tunic well over a month ago and finally got around to taking a picture of it. I used my own pattern (which is going to be put on here soon...really, I mean it this time!)
I used the basic bodice of the pattern and added a longer "skirt" to it. In addition, I moved the zipper to the side seam. I love tunics that allow me to wear tight jeans/leggings without feeling like my back side is way too exposed...while some ladies can pull it off, I am not one of them :)
The fabric was a clearance quilting cotton from Joanns that I picked up for a couple bucks. I love the orangey red of the top and the print. I think it looks much better in person, but these pics will have to do.
The same pattern was used to make a dress for a friend (to come on the blog soon) and this lace peplum top HERE.
Hopefully I can get my act together and get the pattern on here soon!