The BF and I needed a new car, and were very excited once the car hunt was over. Our "new to us" car is exactly what we wanted except for one thing - light interior fabric. Ugh. So hard to keep clean with two dogs. So, I went searching for the perfect solution and found this amazing idea. But, as usual, I like to make things as simple as possible. I decided to get a shower curtain (which was actually the boyfriend's idea) and attach a few straps to it in order to make it work for our needs. I made it so we could use it two different ways.
Here is the original shower curtain I got from Target.
I made my straps 8"x19'. I then folded them in half, pressed, then folded both edges to the middle, and pressed again. Obviously it is time to make a new ironing board cover ;)
I then top-stitched around each strap - and I needed ten. I put small D-rings on four of the straps. I used a contrasting thread because I wanted to. It's okay. You can clearly see I am not a perfect sewer!
Next, I had to take it to the car to measure a few things out. I needed to know where to put my straps so it would work for us. I would love to tell you my measurements would work for your car, but chances are good they won't. I put some straps in the middle on the back side about six inches in from the edge.
Then, I added the straps to the top and bottom. This I just pinned in the car so that I knew it would fit. I put one plain strap and one D-ring strap for each set.
Then, I was all done! Here are some pictures of the different ways we plan to use it. The first one shows the seats laying down. The second one shows how we will use it in the back seat.
Now, our light interior is less likely to collect massive amounts of dog hair and anything else they may bring into the car! Here is the hairy culprit, Stella.