Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daddy-to-be Gift

I was presented with a challenge this year when I was asked if I had any ideas for a Daddy-to-be gift.  I can't remember the last time I have even had to come up with a regular Father's Day gift.  So, I started looking around on the Internet, and this is what I decided to do.  I made a "Daddy Doodie" apron filled with all the essentials for the Daddy-to-be.  (I'm sure that name is trademarked somewhere; I promise I'm not trying to rip anyone off!)


I went to JoAnn Fabrics and found an apron on sale.  I already had stencils and fabric paint so I was set there.  I then headed to the Dollar Store to find the remaining essentials.  I did want there to be something useful in there in the end so I did go to a baby store and get a few different kinds of cloth diapers.  Here is what I came up with:


There were many varieties of aprons online, but I found this one and it fit my needs perfectly. I stenciled in the letters and then painted them.


Next, I needed to make a "Gas Mask" since I couldn't find one in my frugal budget.  I used scrap fabric and some bias tape.  I think it gets the point across.




Then, I just made labels for everything using my Cricut (I tried to come up with some clever names, but that is hard for me!).  I put it all together and wrapped it up for the Daddy-to-be.  







I hope he enjoys it - even though it is really just a silly gift!  


Betsy

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you. We read each and every comment and try our best to respond to them all as well. Thank you so much for leaving us a note :)